Just to give you an idea.
I seldom do any elaborate rituals any more. I’ve explored many over the years, including various ways of commemorating particular occasions such as the seasonal Sabbats. I’ve been a member of an international order of Druidry, part of a global school of witchcraft, the leader of my own coven, initiated into a multi-faith Goddess group, and I’ve worked solitary. In all of these variations there have been particular, precise rituals to follow, aligned with each of the various seasons, as well as those for more individual purposes. So it’s not that I’m unacquainted with traditional observances.
Over the years, I’ve arrived at what works for me on an everyday basis – a simple little morning ritual comprised of several components from different sources. I suspect many of us do eventually arrive at our own practices like this, taking and combining bits that happen to suit us from various traditions.
I do it in the morning, after I’ve showered and dried myself but before getting dressed – so I’m conveniently skyclad (in the privacy of my own bathroom).
Using visualisation and intention, and speaking it in the words and chants I’ve arrived at over time, I surround myself with three protective spheres of light (of different, specific colours) at the outer edges of my aura. I bring them in to hug me like a second skin, then out to the furthest limits of my aura, able to pause anywhere in between at any time, according to my needs for safety and wellbeing.
I say thank you to all my guides, guardians, friends, well-wishers, lovers and beloveds, in any and every realm.
I acknowledge all the nature spirits who look after the earth, and all the angels who look after me.
I finish with the Gorsedd prayer of the Druids.
There are various simple gestures and phrases which accompany sections of this. But it’s all very quick really, albeit heartfelt.
It works for me! And it’s very subjective. I think you need to arrive at what works for you.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment moderation is regretfully enabled. If your non-spam comment doesn't appear immediately, don't panic; it soon will.
If you are forced to comment anonymously, please add your name at the end of your typing.